Who is eligible?
- Inductees must be an Australian citizen at the time of their achievement.
- Nominees can be active or retired from competition.
- While the awards’ focus is on individual achievements a crew, owner(s) or designer(s) are all eligible to enter.
- Sailor (Athlete) – those who have competed at the highest level of competition or through personal endeavour in sailing.
- General – administration, coaching, sports science/medicine, media, race officials, judging, and designers.
Sailor (Athlete) Category
- Superior achievement at the highest level of competition or personal endeavour.
- Performance of a particularly outstanding sailing achievement that warrants special recognition.
- The degree of difficulty for a nominee to attain the highest level of achievement.
- That person’s integrity, sportsmanship and character.
- Support/respect of their peers.
High level of achievement from personal effort or initiative in sailing that contributes to the performances of athletes or to the development and status of sailing. A nominee in this category will need to have made a major contribution at the international, national or state level to sailing and have been:
- An innovation initiator who has significantly contributed to the development of the sport internationally/nationally
- An achiever at the highest levels of office
- A coach who has achieved outstanding results at international and/or national level and had success in World Championships, Olympics, and/or competitions including national and state level or have achieved outstanding results or performances
- Officials who have achieved recognition for excellence at an international, national or state level at events such as (but not restricted to) World Championships, Olympics, Americas Cup